Charles Krug Winery Farms
Page and Homefinders Vineyards
This 30-acre site lies on the fertile Napa Valley floodplain, where the Napa River once ran through multiple braided channels, depositing a rich silt loam ideal for agriculture. Charles Krug Winery has been farming this site since 1971.
Slinsen Voltz Vineyard
These two contiguous vineyards sit at the base of the Maacamas Mountains on the western side of Napa Valley, and have been farmed by Charles Krug Winery since 1971. A small creek on this site transports large cobble typical of an alluvial fan stream.
This 169-acre site in the Carneros Creek watershed is managed using organic methods. A revegetation project was implemented on an un-named tributary creek on this site.
Charles Krug Winery
The Charles Krug Winery, built in 1861, was the first winery in Napa Valley. Since 1943 it has been operated by the Mondavi family.
Cold Springs Vineyards
This 92-acre site borders both Rector and Conn Creeks and is farmed organically. As part of their farm plan, Rector Creek was planted with natives in 2009 and invasive, non-native tree-of-heaven is being eradicated.