This small, 21-acre site is managed to conserve soil and reduce runoff.
Ackerman Family Vineyard
This 20-acre site has been owned by the Thorpe Family since 1984. The ranch was used for Angus cattle until 1990 when the Thorpes planted grape vines. The vineyards are certified organic.
Artesa Vineyards & Winery
The Cordoníu Group of Spain established the Cordoníu Napa winery in 1991 and in 1997 expanded the winery and renamed it Artesa. Less than half of this 353-acre site is farmed as vineyard. Carneros Creek runs through the site and the managers have maintained the native vegetation on the creek. Coyotes can be seen roaming the 205 acres of wildland on the site.
Beaulieu Vineyard #8
The vineyard manager on this 81-acre site uses wind machines for frost control and also seeds vineyard roads and avenues with a barley cover crop in winter.
Beaulieu Vineyard #9
This 141-acre site in the Carneros region of Napa County uses wind machines for frost control in order to minimize water use. The vineyard manager is working to revegetate a small creek on the site.
Beaulieu Vineyards # 5
BV5 is a 121-acre site in the Carneros region. As part of their farm plan, they will evaluate the effectiveness of a non-toxic replacement for the copper sulfate algaecide in their reservoir, and they will work on a project to eradicate invasive plants and revegetate with native plants along Huichica Creek.
This 321-acre site borders the Napa River. In this reach of the river downstream of the Oak Knoll Ave. bridge, the river has adjusted form through the entrenchment process and is deep and wide. From the vineyard on the former floodplain, the river channel has dropped more than 30 feet and has steep vertical banks. This wide channel area has a willow-filled floodplain. The vineyard is now on a terrace with live oaks along the riparian boundary. Beringer manages this site to reduce water use and conserve soil.
Blue Tooth Vineyard
Bouchaine Vineyards – Carneros Vineyards
Bouchaine Vineyards is the oldest vineyard area in the Carneros region, having been planted in 1927 by Boon Fly. Bouchaine Vineyards was established in 1981 by Gerret and Tatiana Copeland. This 87-acre site surrounds the winery and is carefully managed with cover crops and road improvements to protect soil and water quality.
This 40-acre site has a 29-acre vineyard which uses cover crops and low amounts of chemicals to protect water quality.
Clos du Val Winery—Carneros Vineyard
In 1973, Clos du Val Winery acquired this 180-acre site in the Carneros District. Vineyard managers uses sustainable agricultural practices and improved drainage and to eliminate an erosion problem. They have worked with the Natural Resources Conservation Service on a restoration project on Buhman Creek to address bank erosion with plantings and revetments.
This 20-acre site on the eastern side of Napa Valley is named after a 75-year old cork oak growing in the middle of the vineyards. The vines are set back from the small creek that runs through the edge of the property.
This 150-acre vineyard is near the summit of Mt. Veeder and includes 125 acres of vineyard separated by forested wildlife corridors.
Cuvaison Estate Vineyard
In 1982, the Piña brothers planted the D’Adamo site on the foothills of Atlas Peak. The 20-acre site is farmed with no-till practices and a cover crop of bell beans, vetch, and barley to protect and enrich the soil.
El Centro Vineyard
Erba Loma Vista Vineyard
Etude Wines – Estate Vineyard
Founder Tony Suter started Etude Wines in 1984. This 11-acre vineyard adjacent to the winery borders several wetlands and uses careful soil conservation practices to protect water quality. Etude Wines recently installed native plants to revegetate a natural slough on the site.
Gallery 2 Vineyard
Gallery One Vineyard
Green Island Vineyard
This 165-acre site is located in American Canyon adjacent to the Napa salt evaporation ponds. Salt marshes and salt flats border the vineyards and are used by a number of birds.
Haire Management Co LLC
Hall Estate – Bergfield Vineyard
This St. Helena winery was started by Kathryn and Craig Hall on the site of the 1885 Bergfield winery.
Herrick Vineyard 1
Herrick Vineyard 2
This nearly 2,000-acre site is largely wildland with two vineyard areas of 180 acres. Vineyards are located near a tributary to Huichica Creek and along Carneros Creek, and are managed to protect soils and use low levels of water and chemicals. This site is participating in the Carneros Creek Adaptive Management Plan.
Jameson Reuse Site
Kari Flores Vineyard
Kari Flores runs Crazy Flower Wines, a small wine label using grapes grown in the Kari Flores Vineyard. The ½-acre vineyard uses organic and biodynamic farming practices and is farmed entirely by hand. Owner Flores also breeds Olde English Babydoll sheep, a breed popular for natural weed control.
Las Amigas Vineyard
This 300-acre site encompasses low rolling hills and borders Huichica Creek. Cover crops are used to protect soil and chemicals are limited to protect water quality.
Las Trancas Vineyard
Low Vineyards is a 15-acre relatively flat site situated in the Dry Creek watershed on the western side of Napa Valley. As part of their farm plan, the vineyard managers have reduced erosion along their ditches and prevent sediment delivery by planting strips of grass and revegetating the banks with shrubs and oaks.
In 1968, Gene and Katie Trefethen purchased and restored the historic Eschol winery, built in 1886 by Hamden McIntyre. This 578-acre site extends along Highway 29 and borders Dry Creek, where a revegetation project was recently completed.
The Schlatter family operates the Merryvale Winery.
Mid Valley Vineyard
Midnight Sun Vineyard
Moulds Family Vineyard
Mt. George Vineyard
This 167-acre vineyard on the lower slopes of Mt. George includes numerous small creeks which have been revegetated with native plants.
Mt. Veeder Estate Vineyard
This historic 130-acre site lies on the rocky slopes of Mt. Veeder. Only 48 acres are planted to vineyard, including dry-farmed zinfandel vines planted in 1926 by the Brandlin family.
Mt. Veeder Vineyard
This 200-acre site on the slopes of Mt. Veeder includes 100 acres of vineyard separated by wooded creek canyons. Erosion control is a central focus of site management.
Napa Valley Gateway
Napa Vine & Truffle
Orchard Avenue Vineyard
This 27-acre vineyard uses organic growing methods.
Page Nord Vineyard
This 105-acre site borders lower Dry Creek. Managers use no-till practices, and have s planted willow and other riparian plants along the creek.
Pine Ridge Winery
This 182-acre site includes steep terraced hillsides which are managed with cover crops to minimize soil erosion.
Rancho Carneros Vineyard
Zach Berkowitz, long-time Napa grape grower, owns and farms this flat site in the Carneros district. The vineyard is managed to minimize soil erosion.
Rancho Sarco Vineyards
Rancho Wieruszowski 2
This 12-acre site surrounds the winery and is managed to reduce runoff and use very low chemical inputs.
Rancho Wieruszowski 3
This 9-acre site uses dense cover crops to protect soil, and also uses very small amounts of water.
Dick Ward and David Graves established this winery in the Carneros area in 1981. In 2007, Saintsbury Winery was recognized by the California Sportfishing Protection Alliance for Excellence in Water Quality Improvement and Protection.
Salvador Avenue Vineyard
This 4-acre vineyard on Mt. Veeder uses cover crops and drainage improvements to protect water quality. Redwood forest on the site shades a year-round creek.
Shifflett Ranch and Vineyard
Sleeping Giant/Las Amigas Partners Vineyard
South Napa Vineyard
This 225-acre site encompasses rolling hills and small creeks at the edge of the Napa marshes. Beringer manages Stanly Ranch to minimize chemical use and water, and to conserve soil.
Stanly Ranch - Vino Farms
Starmont Stanly Lane Vineyard
This 76-acre site borders fresh and tidal wetland along the Napa River Estuary. Vineyards and roads are carefully managed to protect water quality.
Suscol Bench/Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
Suscol Creek flows through a portion of this 320-acre site on the southeast side of the lower Napa River watershed.
The Hess Collection/Summit Vineyard
Donald Hess acquired his land on Mt. Veeder in 1978.
Tournesol Wines – Estate Vineyards
These two small vineyards bridge the land between Witwether Creek and Murphy Creek near the eastern border of Napa County. Owners Bob and Anne Arns use wind machines for frost control to minimize their use of water.
Trefethen Family Vineyards - Hillside Ranch
This 216-acre site has 42 acres of vineyard. An un-named, seasonal creek on the site will be revegetated as part of the farm plan.
Trio B Vineyards
Trio C Vineyards
TVL Carneros Ranch
This large site on Mt. Veeder includes 135 acres on the ridgetop, surrounded by forest and chaparral. A portion of the vineyards were formerly part of the Mont LaSalle Vineyards & Winery, one of the first wineries in the Mt. Veeder area.
Vichy Springs Ranch
The Hall family has lived on and farmed this 7-acre site since 1947. Currently the family farms only 2 acres of the property with minimal pesticide use, and is allowing native oak re-growth along Sarco Creek.
Vistula Vista Vineyard
Walt Brooks Vineyard
White Rock Vineyards
The Vandendriessche family owns this 64-acre site near Soda Canyon Creek and planted the 36-acre White Rock Vineyard in 1979. This site was first developed in 1870 and the original stone winery still stands on the site. White rock refers to the volcanic rock that underlies the vineyard. They practice minimal watering and fertilizing, have never used pesticides, and use individual hand-hoeing to avoid herbicides. As part of their farm plan, they are planting native species to improve a small creek corridor through the vineyard.
Wilde Wolf Vineyards
William Hill Estate – Silverado Bench Vineyard
This 140-acre vineyard surrounds the winery as well as several lakes.
Willow Lake Vineyard
This 169-acre site in the Carneros Creek watershed is managed using organic methods. A revegetation project was implemented on an un-named tributary creek on this site.
Yates Family Vineyards/Castle Rock Vineyard
The Yountville Ranch is a 48-acre site with a cover crop of fescues, clover, chickweed, chamomile and other grasses on the vineyard avenues to reduce soil erosion. Biodynamic farming methods are used at this site.
This 300-acre site borders the Napa River and contains a number of unnamed waterways. These smaller channels were revegetated with grasses to protect water quality. This site is a participant in the Oakville to Oak Knoll Napa River Restoration Plan.